Saturday, February 2, 2013

A.L.A.S! Celebrating 20 years of OurHappyAcquaintance [w/Bajo la Luna Llena,Dearest Friend,Cuando pienso en ti/Bolerazo]


[1993 was the year I met Amy in her 'barrio' Cedritos thanks to her dad's invitation for me to play at her church around Father's Day. It was love at first sight but timing was not ideal as she had just started going out with a new beau and I was left pining under the moon...in front of her house...while she kissed her boyfriend goodbye...this song was born] (00:00) There is a special kind of charm about confessing the truth when a feeling is rampant, when it is stronger than what can be reasoned out, the heart is moved to its very core, and it overflows with expectation in view of that newly discovered reality...BAJO LA LUNA LLENA I confessed to you my love, I gave my heart to you, and was filled with hope and happy thoughts...full of hope and deep longing; under the full moon you were my heart's desire, in front of your parents' house I gave you my love; it was forever, what I felt back then for you, seven years later I carry it deep within me, it's deep within me honey...I wrote this song for you back in the year '93; Under the bright full moon you clearly were my heart's desire, right in front of your parents' house I gave you my love, ooh! It was forever, the kind of love I felt for you...sí, sí, sí, porque llevo un sentimiento por dentro, muy dentro de mí, que no puedo negar; te estoy diciendo mi amor que estoy guardando lo mejor para el final porque tú lo mereces, porque sí que vales la pena, bajo la luna llena te doy mi corazón...

[Less than a month later she went on vacation with her family to Santa Marta and my abysmal feelings of separation that one week inspired the very existentialist DEAREST FRIEND] (3:24) Nunca pensé que te extrañaría tanto, mi más querida amiga en mi vida tú eres única, la razón por la que me duele el corazón todos los días eres tú, toda mi vida te he anhelado y por fin (A.L.A.S., at last!) te he visto entre la multitud; no sé bien si vas a ser mía pero en mi corazón siento que soy tuyo, no entiendo por qué estás tan lejos pero lo intento y aunque me es difícil cedo, y poco a poco aprendo a sobrevivir sin ti, pero albergo la esperanza de estar juntos algún día y para siempre.

[CUANDO PIENSO EN TI, "Bolerazo" for Amy that I remember showing to my friend Carlos Olea en la Séptima con 72] (9:16) When I think of you I see everything full of beauty and color; you are so beautiful that you bring hope back into my life. When I think of you the fragrance of the flowers comes back to me and the memory of you lightens my heart; when I think of you I see your smiling countenance in the clouds and your face getting close to me as you say that you love me, I am so happy! Cuando pienso en ti, veo arcoíris en el más gris de los azules, cuánto anhelo estar contigo, sé que podría estar por siempre en tu abrazo...

Thank you for listening! Your comments are welcome at jblopez2020@gmail.com

www.jblopez.libsyn.com

Also, check out the videos for the first and last songs at my YouTube channel 'jblopez2020', or click below:

            BAJO LA LUNA LLENA                                   CUANDO PIENSO EN TI         


Check out this episode!

Click picture for my YouTube channel

Click picture for my YouTube channel
The music of John Bernal (J.B. López) is freely downloadable and distributable from a box.net account and is directly available here.

Instrumental Music For Quiet Times

Instrumental Music For Quiet Times
Deeper In Love 2004 Instrumentals for quiet times

Music for Christmas!

Music for Christmas!
Christmas Love 2005 - produced in a Yamaha Motif ES

To support this artist, you could...

Official PayPal Seal